We’ve rounded up a list of 10 ways to be as productive as possible and crank out some work while in your dorm! It is easy to get distracted, so good luck!
- Drink a caffeinated beverage before you sit down – caffeine improves your mood, which is always helpful when it comes to hitting the books.
- Make a list of what you have to accomplish and cross things off as you finish them. Achievement always feels nice.
- Focus anywhere between 45 minutes to an hour and then take a five-minute break. This will help you clear your head and go back to studying with a fresh mindset.
- If you’re going to listen to music, make it Mozart (I prefer Debussy’s Claire de Lune).
- Steal quick glances at your loud neighbors – everyone speaks the universal of “you’re annoying me”.
- If you don’t need your computer – don’t open it. It’s way too tempting.
- Concentrate on one course at a time and don’t even think about looking at another class until you’ve finished.
- Recopy lecture notes – its quick and easy. You’ll be surprised how much information you’ll retain just by doing this.
- Turn your cell phone on silent, it just adds to the bevy of distractions. Plus, it makes you appear mysterious when you don’t text back right away.
- Keep your headphones in even if you aren’t listening to music, this way people won’t feel the need to stop and chat.
Seriously though, just get up and move. Loud = lazy and you need to do well on your exams.