Your mom and dad aren’t around to clean up after you, so it is time to put your big boy/girl pants on and get to cleaning! If you’re in a rush, here are the things that make the biggest difference in the least amount of time.
- Take out the trash – Pizza boxes, water bottles, crumpled papers, get rid of them. Trash smells people don’t want to hang out in a room that smells. Gather it all up and take it out to the dumpster.
- Wipe Down – Go over all of your dusty surfaces with a wet paper towel. Also make sure you wipe up spills and crumbs. There’s no need to hit the surfaces that people won’t see, but it is a plus.
- Make the bed – A well made bed can always make your room look clean. Smooth out the wrinkles and tuck the sheets in. Also make sure they are clean, students in the dorms don’t change their sheets as much.
- Put your laundry away – It’s very easy to let your laundry pile up on your couch, bed or floor. Get a large laundry basket to help avoid this. Throw all your clothes in the basket and you can pack it down if you have to. The more often that you do laundry, the less this will be a problem.
- The Floor – Buy or borrow a vacuum and clean up the dirt and crumbs. There’s nothing worse than walking around your room barefoot and getting dirt stuck to the bottom of your feet. It’s also a good idea to get rid of the all of the sticky spots.
- Done – Now that your room is clean, invite your friends over and enjoy!